Republic Title Announces ALTA Best Practices Recertification
Republic Title of Texas, Inc. is proud to announce our completion of HA&W’s ComplianceSuccess® Program which certifies compliance with American Land Title Association (ALTA) Best Practices. ALTA’s Best Practices Framework includes:
1. Licensing: Establish and maintain current License(s) as required to conduct the business of title insurance and settlement services
2. Escrow Trust Accounting: Adopt and maintain appropriate written procedures and controls for Escrow Trust Accounts allowing for electronic verification of reconciliation.
3. Protecting NPI: Adopt and maintain a written privacy and information security program to protect Non-public Personal Information as required by local, state and federal law.
4. Settlement Processes: Adopt standard real estate settlement procedures and policies that help ensure compliance with Federal and State Consumer Financial Laws as applicable to the Settlement process.
5. Policy Production: Adopt and maintain written procedures related to title policy production, delivery, reporting and premium remittance.
6. Insurance Coverage: Maintain appropriate professional liability insurance and fidelity coverage.
7. Consumer Complaints: Adopt and maintain written procedures for resolving consumer complaints.
For more information on ALTA’s Best Practices Framework and why it is important to do business with a company that implements these standards, visit www.alta.org/best-practices
DFW Real Estate, Title Insurance, Title Company,