One of our most popular CE classes is consistently our “Instagram: I Have An Account, Now What?” class. We all know how important it is to have a presence on social media, but how do you create content, know which hashtags to use and most importantly, connect with buyers and sellers? Our technology trainers Robin Riggs and Annette Carvalho are here to help! Read on for Robin and Annette’s top takeaways from our popular class and visit us at www.republictitle.com/residential-education for a full list of upcoming CE classes.
Use Hashtags and Link to your Website
- Using the “Stair Step” approach, users can spread out hashtags using the Stair step approach (hashtags with lower #’s mean you might be seen more. So if you did 27 hashtags (which we don’t necessarily recommend) use nine that have 0-50K followers, nine with 50K-100K followers, and nine with 100-250K followers, etc.
- Make sure to include contact information – including your website – in your Instagram bio.
Connect with your sphere by turning on “Post Notifications”
- Because Instagram is always changing their algorithmic feed, you may not see everyone that you follow consistently. Make sure to turn on Post Notifications for the accounts that you want to make sure and see.
Use Direct Messages
- Did you know that you can direct message up to 50 people at a time?
GeoTag your Posts
- Searching by “Places” is an entire search category on Instagram. Make sure you are using this feature!
Use Instagram Live
- This is a powerful tool that Instagram is promoting – you will reach more of your audience using Live since Instagram features those videos in a different way.
- A best practice in using Instagram Live is to promote your live video in advance with email or Facebook. For example: “Catch me LIVE on Instagram Friday at 10am where I will share my 10 biggest tips for getting your home ready for the market.”
For MUCH more on Instagram, social media and other technology trends, sign up for one of our CE classes at www.republictitle.com/residential-education