Beware employment/job interview scams!
Republic Title of Texas, Inc. will never interview you via SMS (text messages) or ask you for any private or banking information during the interview process. If you’ve been contacted via SMS to setup an interview with Republic Title this is most likely a scam. For more information on employment scams please reference the resources below…
How to tell if a job is a scam: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/how-to-know-if-a-job-is-a-scam
How to report a job scam: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams
See our open positions below.
Post Date: October 2023
Research, evaluate and examine pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any matters pertaining to title. Produce title commitments and updates. Work closely with and provide support to closing teams.
- Abstract and analyze deeds, deeds of trust, easements, leases, mineral documents, judgments, and other applicable instruments.
- Locate property and plot metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Research and interpret court proceedings.
- Perform title examination of commercial title orders (ranging in complexity) to establish status of title.
- Prepare title commitment.
- Communicate with closing teams and underwriting attorneys.
- Process orders with accuracy and attention to detail in a timely manner.
High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience:
Minimum 3 years commercial examination experience
While in training, strong supervision / Once released from training, limited supervision.
Reports to: Department Manager : Garry Thomas
Working Conditions or Accommodations:
May lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used:
- Moderate level of expertise examining commercial property in Texas.
- Working knowledge of basic title insurance concepts.
- Working knowledge of legal documents and civil records and how they affect title to real property.
- Comprehension of various interest in land, including Fee Simple, Easement and Leasehold.
- Proficiency in locating and plotting legal descriptions with and without deed plotter assistance.
- Understanding of title insurance commitment and policies and all procedures required to prepare title commitments, including abstracting and title examination.
- Familiarity with FAST, Data Trace/Data Tree, deed plotter and public online databases preferred; general PC proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite; Google, etc.) required.
- Capable of processing a high volume of orders with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, underwriting attorneys, closing teams and other members of the title department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.